CMCNY Hiking Rating System
Each hiking activity is rated through grade A-F, the following is the explanation of the ratings:
Level A - Very easy. Mostly flat terrain. 3-5 miles.
- Easy hike. Some hills, 4-7 miles.
Level C - Moderate for most of people. Some steep hills, 5-8 miles
Level D - Challenging, steeper terrain, 8-10 miles
Level E - Strenuous, 9-15 miles
Level F - Difficult, 15 miles +
- Travel only on foot.
- Stay on the trail - short cuts erode the land and make more work for the volunteers who maintain the trail.
- If you packed it in, pack it out! Help out by picking up any trash others have left behind, too.
- Travel in small groups. Four to six is ideal; 25 is the maximum.
- Respect other hikers and wildlife by traveling quietly
- Pets are best left at home. If you do bring them, keep them on a leash and way from water source and clean up